12/22/10

Its 8:30 am, on Wednesday, December 22, 2010. I'm at work right now, sitting in the store watching people walk the mall. What inspires someone to wake up so early and go to the mall to work out? It amazes me what people do sometimes. I arrived here around 7:45 and there were already people walking around. Two ladies just walked past with hand weights...speed walking like there's no tomorrow. Have they not heard about a gym or rec center? Or the outdoors?

My first day, I had some crazy customers. One guy decided to relay his entire childhood to me...I only asked if he needed some help. Maybe he thought I would help him with his emotional problems, I'm not really sure. But apparently he won't be getting a lot for Christmas this year because his mother remarried and he now has three younger brothers and sisters that he's not crazy about. Dude, you're 23. You could buy your own Christmas if you wanted to.

I haven't told you what I do yet, have I? I work for Sheepskin Gifts and Pillow Pets in the Mall. It is pretty fun, I have to tell you. Anyway, one guy came into Sheepskin and asked if we make Sheepskin pants and vests. Have you ever seen someone wearing something like that? Yeah, didn't think so. But to each his own. By the way, we don't make that sort of thing in case you were wondering.

Well, I guess that's all for now. Its a slow day. Well, its only almost 9:00 now, so the rest of the city will be at the mall soon. Until next time...Peace out.

1 comment:

  1. I totally see this all the time too when i work mornings. Weirdos!

    ReplyDelete