12/10/10

The Masquerade that never happened...

Oh man alive. This night has been one of the most unsuccessful nights ever. Let me begin from the beginning.
My good friend Jocelyn and I were supposed to go to a masquerade ball with our other friend, Danielle. She bailed on us, so two became the loneliest number. After going to Walmart to get supplies for our lovely masks, we begin the process of getting ready for our fabulous evening. However, one small problem. Jocelyn's dress didn't fit. We tried several ways to zip that bad baby up, but I think we just needed another set of hands for this job. It wasn't like the dress was too small, it was just a stiff zipper. Masquerade Ball: unsuccessful.
So, we decided to put our normal clothes back on and head to a dollar movie. This brings me to my second small problem. We head out to the parking lot to put stuff in my car, and lo and behold, my car is missing! I about peed my pants! When I had arrived at Jocelyn's apartment, I was certain that I had parked in the Visitor's parking lot. The Sign in front of me indicated so. But apparently I was parked on the opposite side of the sign, rather than where the arrows were pointing. Therefore, my car was TOWED. Jocelyn and I spent about fifteen minutes running around the parking lot, chasing the tow men (who were really inconsiderate and horrible towards us) so that we could go find my car and pay the fine. Oh that just really ticks me off. I'm still steaming about it! Movie night: definitely unsuccessful.
So the third option of the evening involved ice cream. Nothing solves a problem like ice cream right? Agreed. We arrive at cold stone, it is now 10:30 at night. The guy that helped me pick out ice cream was definitely attractive and just had an adorable smile. He recommended the best ice cream ever: dark chocolate pepermint with oreos. Fabulous! Oh and his blue eyes...yeah, that just melted my heart a little. My night was slowly looking up ha. We ate our ice cream...and then Jocelyn decides to try and get the number of the guy that helped her...No such luck. Why? Becuase he was fifteen! Ha ha ha She totally hit on a minor! But to justify it, he looked older, alright? Awkward! Hopefully, the guy that helped me was a little bit older. Yikes. I'm not even going to think about that one.  Ice cream: semi-successful.
There you have it! The night that we were to dance our hearts away turned into a horse of a different color!  But I had fun. Usually when Jocelyn and I try to hang out, our plans are foiled. So we can just call this a usual night for us...

1 comment:

  1. oh i've had my car towed too :( and i think i got ice cream too ha ha

    ReplyDelete